(also wrecker's ball)
- A heavy metal ball swung from a crane into a building to demolish it.More example sentences
- For safety reasons, the original plan to implode the buildings using explosives was abandoned and wrecking balls and machines were used in the demolition.
- I watched the crane operator take a swing with the wrecking ball.
- You can demolish a stone wall with a sledgehammer, and it's fairly easy to level a five-story building using excavators and wrecking balls.
More definitions of wrecking ballDefinition of wrecking ball in:
- The British & World English dictionary