Definition of wrentit in English:
A long-tailed North American songbird that is the only American member of the babbler family, with dark plumage.
- Chamaea fasciata, family Timaliidae
- For some reason, this hole was never used but further upstream, a nesting cavity, which a wrentit had used the previous summer to raise its young, became the perfect site for a pair of house wrens to raise their brood.
- Down in the canyon, I often see the house wren, acorn and Nuttall's woodpeckers, wrentit, and, in winter, the yellow-rumped warbler.
- Other birds you might see include wrentits, red-tailed hawks, and several species of sparrows in winter.
Definition of wrentit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan