- 1.1A wriggling animalcule or the larva of a mosquito. Also called wiggler.More example sentences
- We know them by many names: grub (beetles, bees, wasps), maggot, caterpillar (butterflies, moths), and wriggler (mosquitoes).
- The larvae, called wrigglers, feed in the water for a week or so, then pupate for only a few days before emerging as adults.
- Watch out for mosquito wrigglers in any uncovered water containers.
More definitions of wrigglerDefinition of wriggler in:
- The British & World English dictionary