- A reduction in the estimated or nominal value of an asset.More example sentences
- A company may be far more reluctant to terminate an ongoing activity because to do so may require restatements of earnings and asset write-downs that could very well attract regulatory attention and prompt shareholder lawsuits.
- Analysts foresee the spectre of further asset write-downs in coming quarters, which could increase pressure on finances.
- Somewhere along the line, incredible economic wealth was destroyed, requiring enormous write-downs and a drastic reduction of the company's net worth.
More definitions of write-downDefinition of write-down in:
- The British & World English dictionary