Definition of write-up in English:
1A full written account.
- I'll do a full write-up later this week but so far it's really amazing stuff.
- I had a gas company mail me a postcard offer with an image and write-up about the car I had just purchased.
- More pictures are here (courtesy of Mish), and full write-ups of the evening are here and here.
2 Finance An increase in the estimated or nominal value of an asset.
- The dispute centered on the treatment, for regulatory purposes, of the difference between the historical cost and the higher market value (write-up) of the assets of Le Téléphone Bon-Conseil Inc.
- By letter dated 14 February 1997, the Commission noted that finalization of the CATs for Guèvremont from 1995 onward would be directly affected by the regulatory treatment of the asset write-up.
Definition of write-up in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia