- A tough, malleable form of iron suitable for forging or rolling rather than casting, obtained by puddling pig iron while molten. It is nearly pure but contains some slag in the form of filaments.More example sentences
- Metal or wrought-iron finials fit perfectly in a mature setting such as a master bedroom, a den, or a study.
- Comparing the black hue of your wrought-iron garden gate with the gleaming steel of the car bumper, can they really be the same element?
- Behind his store's brick facade, he displays everything from wrought-iron bistro tables and wall-mounted plant hangers to pots and urns.
More definitions of wrought ironDefinition of wrought iron in:
- The British & World English dictionary