Definition of xanthic acid in English:
An organic acid containing the group —OCS2H, examples of which are typically reactive solids.
- Xanthate anions and protonated xanthic acid contain a free thiol moiety and are highly reductive.
- However, since the collector film is unstable in air, the adsorption of xanthic acid appears to be more logical.
- Salts and esters of xanthic acid are xanthates.
- Example sentences
- The quantity of dixanthogen is much greater than that of ferric xanthates for all the xanthates studied.
- These xanthates increase both the rate of plant growth and the concentration of chlorophyll in the plants.
- The subject invention provides a method for the efficient production of high purity xanthates.
Definition of xanthic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan