Definition of xenophobia in English:
Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.
- If categorization and bias come so easily, are people doomed to xenophobia and racism?
- Religious or racial prejudice and xenophobia are not likely to go away as long as human nature is what it is.
- How low has this country fallen in that it now embraces the fears and xenophobia of right wing shock jocks.
- Example sentences
- If you disagree with them on Europe, you are a racist or a xenophobe or a little Englander.
- The rise to power of xenophobes and racists in the past has been in times of economic catastrophe.
- When we first started discussing this in the House people called us racist and xenophobes.
Pronunciation: /ˈzēnəˌfōb/ /ˈzenəˌfōb/noun
Words that rhyme with xenophobiaagoraphobia, claustrophobia, homophobia, hydrophobia, phobia, technophobia, Zenobia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.