Definition of xenotransplantation in English:
The process of grafting or transplanting organs or tissues between members of different species.
- This distinguishes them from the various organs used for xenotransplantation.
- There are also fears that the process of xenotransplantation may transmit dangerous viruses to humans.
- Pigs are the preferred species for xenotransplantation on scientific, practical and ethical grounds.
- Example sentences
- These infectious agents may have been transmitted to close contacts of the xenotransplant recipient.
- The latter requirement ensures that NHS facilities cannot be used for private xenotransplants.
- The clinical use of porcine xenotransplant is gaining wide acceptance the world over, said Dr. Cherian.
Definition of xenotransplantation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.