noun(in phrase get your ya-yas out) • informal
- Enjoy yourself in an uninhibited way.More example sentences
- How they had the ya-yas to declare Linux an infant OS in need of their IP is beyond me.
- Perhaps they got their ya-yas out on the instrumental soundtrack record for Instrument.
- My best guess is that the more mannered vocal performances are the later ones, after Johnston got his ya-yas out.
1970s: from Get Yer Ya-Yas Out!, the title of an album (1970) by the Rolling Stones, adapted from a reference to yas yas, a euphemism for ass2.
More definitions of ya-yasDefinition of ya-yas in:
- The British & World English dictionary