- (In Chinese philosophy) the active male principle of the universe, characterized as male and creative and associated with heaven, heat, and light. Contrasted with yin.More example sentences
- The slight chills are caused by weakness of the yang which follows injury to the yin.
- The mixture of heat and cold and the disharmony of yin and yang causes coldness of the limbs.
- These five elemental phases also correspond to the three yin and the three yang of the universe.
from Chinese yáng 'male genitals', 'sun', 'positive'.
More definitions of yangDefinition of yang in:
- The British & World English dictionary