Definition of yapok in English:
A semiaquatic carnivorous opossum with dark-banded gray fur and webbed hind feet, native to tropical America. Also called water opossum.
- Chironectes minimus, family Didelphidae
- It is shared by the American or Virginian opossum; the rare water opossum, or yapok of northern South America and the eastern native cat of Australia.
- The gestation periods of the American opossum, also called the Virginian Opossum, the rare water opossum or yapok of central and northern South America and the eastern native cat of Australia are all normally 12-13 days but can be as short as eight days.
- Marsupials live underground, on land, in trees (tree kangaroos and koalas), and in water (yapok), and inhabit rainforests, deserts, and temperate regions.
Early 19th century: from Oyapock, the name of a northern Brazilian river.
Words that rhyme with yapokad hoc, amok, Bangkok, baroque, belle époque, bloc, block, bock, brock, chock, chock-a-block, clock, doc, dock, floc, flock, frock, hock, hough, interlock, jock, knock, langue d'oc, lock, Locke, Médoc, mock, nock, o'clock, pock, post hoc, roc, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, Spock, stock, wok
Definition of yapok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan