Definition of yarrow in English:
A Eurasian plant of the daisy family, with feathery leaves and heads of small white, yellow, or pink aromatic flowers. Also called milfoil.
- Achillea millefolium, family Compositae
- Gather early summer flowers like violets, yarrow and red clover to dry for teas and for tincturing.
- These include sweet cicely, beebalm, yarrow, purple coneflowers and others.
- The blue shades of balloon flowers are striking when planted in combination with gold or deep orange cosmos or yarrows.
Old English gearwe; related to Dutch gerwe.
Definition of yarrow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan