Definition of yech in English:
Expressing aversion or disgust.
- I worked a day job back then and had to go in the evening, yech!
- but that just doesn't carry enough entertainment value to warrant the parade of yech that followed.
- If you're a man, it's track and field and swimming, but gymnastics is kind of a ‘yecch’ as far as the male of the species is concerned.
1960s: imitative; compare with yuck1.
- Example sentences
- The color I specified is a light green, maybe a bit yechy for your tastes, but I kinda like it!
- For only the second time that I can remember, I had to leave the room as the program was too yecchy for my taste.
- It will help keep the bulb healthy longer if you clean off the yecchy outer skin.
Definition of yech in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan