(also yee-hah /ˈyē ˌhä/)
- An expression of enthusiasm or exuberance, typically associated with cowboys or rural inhabitants of the southern US.More example sentences
- He had a strong urge to shoot it off yelling a stereotypical yeehaw, then repressed it.
- One was a totally luxury trip on the back of an Enfield, yeehah.
- I'm going to do all the little last-minute-things on my list, help Max pack the van, and then we'll go pick up Jae and Maura and hit the road, yeehah!
natural exclamation: first recorded in American English in the 1970s.
More definitions of yee-hawDefinition of yee-haw in:
- The British & World English dictionary