nounNorth American • informal
- A burglar or safecracker.More example sentences
- It seems to him that he's a prisoner of his own success and that those yeggs out there are truly free.
- They travel across the United States and the mythical world of the Yonder, facing down railroad bulls, yeggs and mythical creatures.
- "Yegg" was believed to be the surname of a certain American burglar and safe- breaker; hence a Yeggman or Yegg being "a burglar or safe-breaker".
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of yeggDefinition of yegg in:
- The British & World English dictionary