(also yellow jessamine)
Definition of yellow jasmine in English:
An ornamental climbing shrub with fragrant yellow flowers, native to the southeastern US. Its rhizome yields gelsemium.
- Gelsemium sempervirens, family Loganiaceae
- She also wanted to keep the silver and gold euonymus and yellow jasmine that grow by the front door, and a vigorous Fuchsia ‘Riccartonii’.
- There, in Laguna Beach, I saw hibiscus hedges eight feet tall, with solid masses of large red and pink flowers, and sprawling banks of white and yellow jasmine.
- There were lots of white Madonna lilies, fields and fields of them, and frangipani, and frangrant yellow jasmines, and gardenias - all highly scented flowers.
Definition of yellow jasmine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.