Definition of yellow pine in English:
1Any of several North American pines having a strong yellowish wood.
- Ecologically, it's a transition zone between chaparral and yellow pine forest.
- Group 1 includes such species as Douglas fir, Southern yellow pine, beech, and birch.
- But Recon 1 believes it is actually coming from the base of a big yellow pine.
1.1The wood of a yellow pine.
- It's time to order the southern yellow pine flooring for the main floor, take a deep breath and plunge in.
- Choose antique Southern yellow pine or pure heart pine in any of several widths, lengths, and finishes.
- He applied various amounts of resin to small blocks of Southern yellow pine that he had placed in a pressurized chamber.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia