Definition of yellow underwing in English:
An underwing moth that has yellow hind wings with a black terminal band.
- Noctua and other genera, family Noctuidae: several species, including the large yellow underwing (N. pronuba), the larva of which is a destructive cutworm
- The Large Yellow Underwing (Noctua pronuba) is a moth, the type species for the family Noctuidae. It is an abundant species throughout Europe.
- Other yellow underwings always have some more black smears or spots in the yellow.
- At the moment we're getting lots and lots of large yellow underwing, a massive moth, with brown wings, but we do get some interesting ones.
Definition of yellow underwing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.