Definition of yellow underwing in English:
An underwing moth that has yellow hind wings with a black terminal band.
- Noctua and other genera, family Noctuidae: several species, including the large yellow underwing (N. pronuba), the larva of which is a destructive cutworm
- The Large Yellow Underwing (Noctua pronuba) is a moth, the type species for the family Noctuidae. It is an abundant species throughout Europe.
- Other yellow underwings always have some more black smears or spots in the yellow.
- At the moment we're getting lots and lots of large yellow underwing, a massive moth, with brown wings, but we do get some interesting ones.
Definition of yellow underwing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia