- Impure uranium oxide obtained during processing of uranium ore.More example sentences
- The natural uranium and yellowcake stored at Tuwaitha was not nuclear bomb grade material.
- The process of uranium enrichment is incredibly difficult and energy intensive. Thousands of tons of uranium ore should be processed into powder form called yellowcake.
- Included in those facilities, say analysts, is a process line for turning uranium ore into yellowcake, the first step in the process towards enriching it into weapons-grade material.
1950s: so named because it is obtained as a yellow precipitate.
More definitions of yellowcakeDefinition of yellowcake in:
- The British & World English dictionary