(also yellowfin tuna)
- A widely distributed, commercially important tuna that has yellow anal and dorsal fins.
More example sentences
- Thunnus albacares, family Scombridae
- The rapid advances in this tag technique have led to a wealth of new information on the physiology, behavior and distribution of northern and southern bluefin, bigeye, yellowfin and skipjack tunas.
- There, the commercial fishermen patiently wait every year for the annual migrations of albacore, skipjack, yellowfin, big-eye and bluefin.
- Some 80 to 90 percent of the bluefin, yellowfin and bigeye tuna caught by Taiwanese fishermen is exported to Japan, the largest market for seafood in Asia.
More definitions of yellowfinDefinition of yellowfin in:
- The British & World English dictionary