Definition of yellowlegs in English:
A migratory sandpiper with bright yellow legs, breeding in Alaska and Canada.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, the greater yellowlegs (T. melanoleuca) and the lesser yellowlegs (T. flavipes)
- In November, away from our yards, along our coasts, only yellowlegs linger.
- A yellowlegs flew over the pond calling loudly.
- In autumn its mudflats host migrant shorebirds including plovers, yellowlegs, and sandpipers, and warblers are common in woodlands at both ends of the pond.
Words that rhyme with yellowlegssheer legs
Definition of yellowlegs in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan