Definition of yellowlegs in English:
A migratory sandpiper with bright yellow legs, breeding in Alaska and Canada.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, the greater yellowlegs (T. melanoleuca) and the lesser yellowlegs (T. flavipes)
- In November, away from our yards, along our coasts, only yellowlegs linger.
- A yellowlegs flew over the pond calling loudly.
- In autumn its mudflats host migrant shorebirds including plovers, yellowlegs, and sandpipers, and warblers are common in woodlands at both ends of the pond.
Definition of yellowlegs in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.