Definition of yellowthroat in English:
A small American warbler with a bright yellow throat.
- Genus Geothlypis, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae: several species
- Common yellowthroats are socially monogamous warblers that exhibit strong sexual dimorphism.
- Along with more redstarts and yellowthroats, we spotted a waterthrush, presumably Northern.
- Sure enough, on closer inspection, I saw not only these four warblers, but the common yellowthroat as well.
Definition of yellowthroat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India