- A small American warbler with a bright yellow throat.
More example sentences
- Genus Geothlypis, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae: several species
- Common yellowthroats are socially monogamous warblers that exhibit strong sexual dimorphism.
- Along with more redstarts and yellowthroats, we spotted a waterthrush, presumably Northern.
- Sure enough, on closer inspection, I saw not only these four warblers, but the common yellowthroat as well.
More definitions of yellowthroatDefinition of yellowthroat in:
- The British & World English dictionary