Definition of yellowthroat in English:
A small American warbler with a bright yellow throat.
- Genus Geothlypis, subfamily Parulinae, family Emberizidae: several species
- Common yellowthroats are socially monogamous warblers that exhibit strong sexual dimorphism.
- Along with more redstarts and yellowthroats, we spotted a waterthrush, presumably Northern.
- Sure enough, on closer inspection, I saw not only these four warblers, but the common yellowthroat as well.
Definition of yellowthroat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.