noun (plural same)
- A grand champion sumo wrestler.More example sentences
- By tradition a yokozuna, once anointed, cannot be demoted.
- He has proven himself to be a remarkable yokozuna, and his last yusho was a classic example of sheer will and determination.
- The former yokozuna is expected to continue to be an occasional sumo commentator with some TV stations as well
Japanese, from yoko 'crosswise' + tsuna 'rope' (originally denoting a kind of belt presented to the champion).
More definitions of yokozunaDefinition of yokozuna in:
- The British & World English dictionary