determiner & adverb• literary or • dialect
- Yonder; that: [as adjective]: you’ll find some big ranches yon side of the SierraMore example sentences
- Maybe he'll write a sequel to yon film.
- It's with optimistic bravado that I approach yon quivering mountain.
- Give us a lick of yon jam.
pronoun• literary or • dialect Back to top
hither and yon
- another term for hither and thither.
Old English geon, of Germanic origin; related to German jener 'that one'.
More definitions of yonDefinition of yon in:
- The British & World English dictionary