1A woman who is not far advanced in life; a girl.
- During the age where most girls became young ladies, Blank had stayed awkwardly the same.
- This is tragic situation and this young girl seemed a capable young lady.
- Set in a finishing school for young ladies, the 1950s musical by Sandy Wilson is the story of five young girls who are busy being transformed into young ladies.
1.1A form of address used by an adult to a girl, often in anger: I don’t know what’s got into you, young lady
More example sentences
- Treason is a serious crime, my young lady
- I think it's time to take you home, young lady.
- We don't take kindly to such attacks, young lady.
Definition of young lady in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.