noun (plural youngberries)
- A bramble of a variety that bears large, edible reddish-black fruit, believed to be a hybrid of a dewberry.More example sentences
- Almonds, youngberries, a hint of smokiness and white pepper spices makes up a complex bouquet.
- As youngberries are high in potassium it will assist in controlling high blood pressure.
- Ollalieberries are slightly longer and more slender than the boysenberry and are a cross between black, logan and youngberries.
1920s: named after B. M. Young (fl. 1905), the American horticulturalist who first raised it.
More definitions of youngberryDefinition of youngberry in:
- The British & World English dictionary