- The chemical element of atomic number 39, a grayish-white metal generally included among the rare earth elements. (Symbol: Y)More example sentences
- Among various radionuclides, yttrium is of particular importance due to its chemical and nuclear characteristics.
- The elements more abundant in Earth's crust seem to have more mentions - iron and oxygen have far more pages than yttrium and scandium.
- Edwards notes from chemical analysis that there are traces of yttrium which are undoubtedly of diagenetic origin.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from Ytterby (see ytterbium).
More definitions of yttriumDefinition of yttrium in:
- The British & World English dictionary