noun (plural same)
- A large Japanese business conglomerate.More example sentences
- Among many things the South Koreans have emulated, the institution of the Japanese zaibatsu conglomerates is probably one of the most important.
- Japanese workers, in contrast to the zaibatsu, were in no position to wait out the crisis.
- In that period, the four zaibatsu conglomerates tripled their total assets.
Japanese, from zai 'wealth' + batsu 'clique'.
More definitions of zaibatsuDefinition of zaibatsu in:
- The British & World English dictionary