noun (plural zakuski /-skē/ or zakuskas)
- A substantial Russian hors d’oeuvre item such as caviar sandwiches or vegetables with sour cream dip, all served with vodka.More example sentences
- The best-known feature of the cuisine of Sweden, is related to the Russian zakuski and also to hors d’œuvres and mezze, but less closely to tapas.
- The meal began with hors d' oeuvres, called zakuski in Russian, which were usually served in the adjoining Portrait Hall.
- A zakuski party can be a flexible mix of homemade and purchased dishes, depending on how much time you want to spend.
More definitions of zakuskaDefinition of zakuska in:
- The British & World English dictionary