noun(also zareba, zareeba)
- 1A protective enclosure of thorn bushes or stakes surrounding a campsite or village in northeastern Africa.More example sentences
- In desert regions, the corresponding form of field fortification is the zariba, an enclosure protected by thorn bushes.
- In addition, separate, larger animal enclosures, known as zariba are also surrounded by fencing.
- Just half-a-dozen tugs, and the impossible zariba was a gap and a scattered heap of brushwood.
from Arabic zarība 'cattle pen; stockade'.
More definitions of zaribaDefinition of zariba in:
- The British & World English dictionary