- An Asian tree of the elm family, often cultivated as an ornamental, for its timber, or as a bonsai tree.
More example sentences
- Genus Zelkova, family Ulmaceae: several species, in particular Japanese zelkova (Z. serrata)
- The area, covering 40,000 square metres, will have about 1,500 trees of various kinds including camphor trees, magnolia and pointed zelkova.
- The tall, zelkova tree beside the pagoda is draped with lanterns on the Buddha's Birthday in May of every year.
- Made of Japanese zelkova wood, the altar stands 6 meters high and measures 3.5 meters wide.