- (Of a game or situation) in which whatever is gained by one side is lost by the other: altruism is not a zero-sum gameMore example sentences
- According to game theory, organisms often find themselves in zero-sum situations.
- In the process, the writ of the government starts losing relevance, and it all becomes a zero-sum game
- The capitalist makes his bid in a positive-sum context; the government's game is zero-sum even before the auction takes place.
More definitions of zero-sumDefinition of zero-sum in:
- The British & World English dictionary