- An American plant of the daisy family that is widely cultivated for its bright showy flowers.
More example sentences
- Numerous species and cultivars of the genus Zinnia, family Compositae
- Annuals and perennials such as snapdragons, daisies, zinnias, and, of course, peonies and roses are old favorites.
- Annuals with good deer resistance include ageratum, ice plant, pincushion flower, verbena and zinnias.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
modern Latin, named after Johann G. Zinn (1727–59), German physician and botanist.
More definitions of zinniaDefinition of zinnia in:
- The British & World English dictionary