- An alloy of zirconium, tin, and other metals, used chiefly as cladding for nuclear reactor fuel.More example sentences
- The conductor wire 20 is attached to the inside of the open end of the zircalloy tip 12 by using a silver braze filler.
- In the early 1980s, the discovery of some pieces of zircalloy in a moderator pump in MAPS Unit - 1 was traced to the problem of substantial cracking of the reactor inlet manifold.
- Corpac detects active, localized corrosion and pitting in stainless steel, carbon-steel, aluminum alloys, zircalloy and more.
More definitions of zircaloyDefinition of zircaloy in:
- The British & World English dictionary