- The chemical element of atomic number 40, a hard silver-gray metal of the transition series. (Symbol: Zr)More example sentences
- Sodium is also used as a chemical reducing agent in producing titanium, zirconium, niobium, and tantalum from their fused salts.
- The process is not recommended for weld preparation for stainless steel, titanium, zirconium, and other similar metals without subsequent cleaning.
- For deoxidation of carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum, titanium, and zirconium are used.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from zircon.
More definitions of zirconiumDefinition of zirconium in:
- The British & World English dictionary