- Each of a number of major areas of the earth having characteristic fauna (especially mammals). They include the Palearctic, Ethiopian, Oriental, Australian, Nearctic, and Neotropical regions. Also called faunal region.More example sentences
- Housefly collections from five continents and six zoogeographical regions were obtained with the help of collaborators.
- Wallace, in 1876, proposed 6 major zoogeographical regions to explain the distribution of faunal groups.
- The Caspian Sea is considered an independent zoogeographical region due to the diversity, specificity and endemism of its fauna.
More definitions of zoogeographical regionDefinition of zoogeographical region in:
- The British & World English dictionary