(also zoril or zorilleˈzôrilˈzär-)
Definition of zorilla in English:
A black and white carnivorous mammal that resembles a skunk, inhabiting arid regions of southern Africa. Also called striped polecat.
- Ictonyx striatus, family Mustelidae
- Very little is known about the social life of wild zorillas, and they appear to be mainly solitary.
- Many zorilla families have been kept together in captivity, where mutual grooming appears common.
- With its long claws, the zorilla digs feverishly after the prize, alternately sinking its nose into the ground until it comes up munching.
Late 18th century: via French from Spanish zorrilla, diminutive of zorro 'fox'.
Words that rhyme with zorillaAnguilla, Aquila, Attila, Camilla, cedilla, chiller, chinchilla, driller, Drusilla, fibrillar, filler, flotilla, fulfiller, Godzilla, gorilla, griller, guerrilla, killer, Manila, manilla, mantilla, miller, pillar, Priscilla, sapodilla, sarsaparilla, Schiller, scilla, scintilla, spiller, swiller, thriller, tiller, vanilla, vexilla, villa, Willa, willer
Definition of zorilla in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.