Synonyms of account in English:
1 the police officer then gave his account of the incident
description, report, version, story, narration, narrative, statement, news, explanation, exposition, interpretation, communiqué, recital, rendition, sketch, delineation, portrayal, tale;
chronicle, history, record, archive, annal, minute, transaction, proceeding, transcript, diary, journal, weblog, blog, vlog, moblog, memoir, review, register, log, relation, rehearsal, side, view, impression
Military , informal sitrep
- 1by all accounts
- 2on account of
- 3on no account
- on no account sign any document without reading it[Antonyms] definitelyBritish informal not on your nelly
- 4take something into account
- let's look at the factors you should take into account[Antonyms] ignore
- 5take account of something
- the design of the new building had to take account of noise and air pollution[Antonyms] ignore
verbBack to top
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.