Synonyms of skin in English:
6 the plane's skin was ripped apart by the force of the explosion
casing, cover, covering, exterior, pod
- 1by the skin of one's teeth
- 2get under someone's skin
- 1 it was the sheer effrontery of them which got under my skinirritate, annoy, gall, irk, get/put someone's back up, pique, rankle with, nettle, needle, bother, vex, provoke, displease, upset, offend, affront, anger, exasperate, disgruntle, ruffle, get on someone's nerves, ruffle someone's feathers, make someone's hackles rise, raise someone's hackles, rub up the wrong wayinformal peeve, aggravate, miff, get, get in someone's hair, get up someone's nose, hack off, get someone's goatvulgar slang piss offBritish vulgar slang get on someone's titsrare exacerbate, hump, rasp
- 3it's no skin off my nose
- informal it's no skin off my nose—I never wanted to go to Germany in the first placeI don't care, I don't mind, I'm not bothered, it doesn't bother me, it doesn't matter to me, it's of no concern to me, it's of no importance to meinformal I don't give/care a damn/hoot/toss/rap, I don't give a monkey'svulgar slang I don't give a shit
verbBack to top
relating to the skin
under the skin
branch of medicine concerning the skin
study of skin markings
surgical repair of skin
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.