- 1(Of gold) pure: gold leaf made up of 24-carat gold mixed with platinumMore example sentences
- She started complaining about how heavy her 24-carat ring was and that her finger hurt.
- The gallery creates one-off pieces based around the 24-carat gold discs presented to artists in the music industry.
- Above the doorways, cherubs cluster around rich pediments and everywhere there is the sparkle of freshly-applied 24-carat gilding.
- 1.1Genuine; trustworthy: the 24-carat project manager was supplied by the company the sources were 24-carat—not third-hand or second-handMore example sentences
- While holding a guard hostage, he demanded an inflatable doll, a helicopter and a cup of tea as ransom, leading one staff member to describe him as "a 24-carat nutter".
- This is 24-carat naturalistic, understated acting of a kind one rarely sees.
- He was and always will be a 24-carat legend.
More definitions of 24-caratDefinition of 24-carat in:
- The US English dictionary