- A digital mobile communications standard allowing for voice calls and limited data transmission: 3G handles both voice and data much more efficiently than 2G [as modifier]: 2G networksMore example sentences
- But naming a technology that will do for 3G what SMS did for 2G had everyone scratching their heads.
- "We are creating one multi-speed, multimedia network; integrating 2G, 3G and Wi-Fi," he said.
- As US cellular users know only too well, maintaining decent 2G coverage even in densely populated strips such as the Valley's 101 Freeway out of San Jose is a minor miracle.
1990s: abbreviation of second generation.
More definitions of 2GDefinition of 2G in:
- The US English dictionary