Definition of A-frame in English:
1A frame shaped like a capital letter A.
- They have confirmed that an underwater investigations have identified hairline fissures on the A-frame structures which support the propellor shafts.
- We followed in the footsteps of the crew along the flying walkway, passing under a large A-frame that supported the foremast.
- Team members have to move the frame with another person standing on the bar of the A-frame, by loosening and pulling on ropes at different times.
1.1North American A house built around a timber A-frame.
- A few miles away in a near-town neighborhood of lower-middle-class A-frames, several houses are decorated in familiar placards.
- Small A-frame houses, Russian orthodox churches, and many new wooden buildings went up as Russians settled the area in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- The A-frame house was the product of two years hard work; a test of the construction techniques used for the other buildings around the growing community.
Definition of A-frame in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan