- A group of elite soldiers or the top advisers or other staff in an organization.More example sentences
- This was the largest number of A-teams in the field for one operation, surpassing the total number of ODAs engaged at any one time during the Vietnam War-about 85.
- In one incident, a U.S. Special Forces A-team, accompanied by a Canadian reconnaissance squadron, encountered a group of Somalis who had been wounded in an earlier clash.
- You'll meet an A-team, a very special group of special forces soldiers here doing a very difficult mission.
1970s: from sports terminology in which an organization's A-team is its best team.
More definitions of A-teamDefinition of A-team in:
- The US English dictionary