- A name given to the rose of Sharon and some other plants.More example sentences
- Aaron's beard does well in full sun to partial shade, and tolerates almost complete shade.
- Plants such as winter creeper and Aaron's beard may become rangy and untidy.
- I was considering growing Hypericum calycinum (Aaron's Beard) under/in front of my azaleas after reading about them in a book on gardening in the Mid-Atlantic.
early 19th century: alluding to Aaron, whose beard 'went down to the skirts of his garments' (Ps. 133:2), because of the prominent hairy stamens or the long runners which some of these plants put out.
More definitions of Aaron's beardDefinition of Aaron's beard in:
- The US English dictionary