- A title given to the Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.More example sentences
- In the Middle Ages the Abuna, or head of the Ethiopian church, was always an Egyptian monk appointed by the Coptic patriarch, but apart from this link Ethiopian Christianity developed largely in isolation and in a distinctive way.
- One of Abuna Yesehaq's last acts was to accept a number of Western Rite parishes under his patronage.
- The Abuna led a poor life and there were instances when he couldn't even pay his phone bill.
Amharic, from Arabic 'abūnā 'our father'.
More definitions of AbunaDefinition of Abuna in:
- The US English dictionary