Definition of Adyghe in English:
noun (plural same)
1A member of a mainly Sunni Muslim people of the NW Caucasus, especially Adygea. Also called Circassian.
- As it turned out, the Adygei president used that day to prepare a counteroffensive against Moscow.
- The ancestors of Adyghe people founded the so called Maykop Culture, well-known in the world archeology.
- In 1864 the Cherkess and Adygei finally came under Russian rule.
2 [mass noun] The North Caucasian language of the Adyghe, with about 100,000 speakers in the Caucasus and 100,000 elsewhere.
- The number of languages listed for Jordan is eight, including Adyghe, Armenian, Chechen, Arabic, and four Arabic dialects.
- Smaller numbers speak Adyghe, Romanian, Romani, and Balakan Gagauz Turkish.
- The translation service is your reliable partner for all your Adyghe translation needs.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Adyghe or their language.
- Since the decrees were issued, the Adygei government must finally have Moscow's full support.
- Horse-breeding has been the Adyghe peoples's national pride since immemorial times.
- As an important element of the Adyghe culture the harmonica interacts with other components of culture.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan