- An animal of a South African breed of sheep or longhorn cattle.More example sentences
- The Africander is South Africa's most popular native breed, comprising 30% of the cattle population.
- The low maintenance Africander is heat-tolerant and well adapted to withstand harsh conditions.
- The breeds selected to form the genetic pool were Hereford, Angus, Afrikander and Santa Gertirudis.
early 19th century (an early form of Afrikaner, having the same senses): via Afrikaans from South African Dutch.
More definitions of AfrikanderDefinition of Afrikander in:
- The US English dictionary