chiefly North American
adjective & noun
- another term for African American.More example sentences
- Chileans are not habituated to consciously think in terms of race or color in the way people frequently do in other Latin American countries with large Amerindian and Afro-American populations.
- Yet while this freedom proved durable for many, Afro-Americans and Native Americans long remained subject to slavery and conquest.
- North Americans rediscovered Native American traditions and the Afro-American traditions of Santeria, Candomble and Voudoun.
More definitions of Afro-AmericanDefinition of Afro-American in:
- The US English dictionary