- A person of African descent living in or coming from the Caribbean.More example sentences
- The national survey is the first to separately examine African Americans and Afro-Caribbeans - groups that often fare differently in health and achievement but are commonly lumped together in research.
- We need blacks - Afro-Caribbeans, Africans, African-Canadians alike - to attend school with people from all corners of the world if we are to develop a more cohesive and peaceful economy and society.
- Ninety-five percent of the populace consists of Afro-Caribbeans who are largely descendants of slaves imported to work on sugar plantations, with the remainder made up of descendants of British settlers and early and later migrants.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Afro-Caribbeans.More example sentences
- Two years ago many elderly Afro-Caribbean residents were left high and dry when their local organisation closed after 17 years.
- This pioneering project will bring together Afro-Caribbean businesses to discuss key issues affecting them and to agree strategic priorities and action plans.
- ‘Especially in the tribal scenes, it's so similar to what we do in Afro-Caribbean dance,’ says the Dominican-born producer, who is also a performer in her own right.
More definitions of Afro-CaribbeanDefinition of Afro-Caribbean in:
- The US English dictionary